Sheetal Vyas is an award-winning creative producer and a writer.
Sheetal produced the award-winning feature film When Harry Tries To Marry, shot in New York and India. The film became a festival darling winning several awards. The film was released in North America by Warner Bros on VOD, and licensed internationally through CinemaVault.
An avid reader, Sheetal searches the world for stories worth telling. Sheetal develops material for film, TV and web as a creative producer and writing-collaborator with a focus on true stories or adaptations of literary properties.
A partial list of Sheetal's current projects:
- Billion Dollar Raja, inspired by the true story of the largest insider trading case in US History. She conceptualized the idea and co-wrote the story for the script with Nayan.
- Nayan and Sheetal are rewriting a 8-part animated series, which is currently in production. The story is steeped in Indian mythology and western superheroes with contemporary themes.
- Nayan and Sheetal have recently written the "scriptment" for a bio-pic on India's most brilliant and controversial legal mind for RSVP Films (Ronnie Screwvala's company). The project is currently with directors.
- Attached as a producer on a film, which will be executive produced by Terrence Malick
- Co-writing a screenplay based on the true-story of one of French literature’s most beloved authors
- Several unannounced writing projects are in development with various production houses.
- In the past, Sheetal secured English language film adaptation rights to a major blockbuster trilogy of books from India for a worldwide audience, and helped develop a feature adaptation of Banker to the Poor, a film on the life of Muhammad Yunus
Sheetal is a member of Film Writers Association (FWA) Mumbai, India. She has been internationally recognized for her work and has been a guest speaker at various industry events, and colleges including Ithaca College, Pace University, and Stonybrook University.
Sheetal Vyas attended S.N.D.T University Pune, India, where she pursued a post-graduate diploma in Mass Communication. Sheetal began her career at Prithvi Theatre under the direction of theatre personality Sanjana Kapoor. She worked on a documentary on the life of Raja Ravi Varma, which went on to win National Award for Best Documentary.
Thereafter, she began working for UTV and learned all aspects of film and TV production - from idea conception to project completion. She later worked for Channel V India as an Associate Producer for Timex Time Pass, winner of the Best Television Award. She went onto Profiles and Projection and prepared Electronic Press Kits for Prakash Jha’s film Mrityudand and G.P. Sippy’s film Hamesha. Her film and production background evolved more during her role as Creative Associate Producer for Zee Cine Awards and Zee Music Awards. She has produced segments for the NBA All Star Game for broadcast in India.
Sheetal moved to New York in the year 2000 as the Assistant Vice President for Cinemaya Media Group, one of the largest South Asian media, entertainment and marketing conglomerates in the U.S, where she began a 17 year work collaboration with Nayan Padrai.
Sheetal is represented by Lee Keele at Gersh. Sheetal resides in New York.
Click to set custom HTML