Sheetal Vyas is an award-winning creative producer and a writer.
An avid reader, runner and yogi, Sheetal searches the world for stories worth telling. She develops material for film, TV and streaming as a writer and creative producer with a focus on true stories, mythology, adaptations or topical subject matter for live-action and animation in the US and India.
A partial list of current projects
- Filmmaker on documentary about digital accessibility
- Creator of a critically acclaimed fantasy-action book series to write and produce.
- Co-wrote the story and screenplay for Billion Dollar Raja, inspired by the true story of the largest insider trading case in US History involving Raj Rajaratnam, Rajat Gupta and Preet Bharara amongst others. The script for Billion Dollar Raja was honored by the WGA’s Feature Access Project and made it to The Black List website’s Featured Scripts. Nayan and Sheetal are fellows of the PGA’s Power of Diversity Workshops for this project.
A partial list of recent past projects:
- Developed a mythological series based on one of the most critically acclaimed and best-selling book trilogies in South Asia.
- Nayan and Sheetal are writers, voice directors and show-runners on an animated series for producer Adi Shankar. The series is currently in post-production. The story is steeped in Indian mythology and western superheroes with contemporary themes.
- Commissioned to write the pilot for a crime drama series set in the underbelly of an urban city by an international production house.
- Wrote an original comedy-road trip film for an Indian film star, who will direct and star in a role.
- Developed two series for Roy Kapur Films.
- Co-wrote a screenplay based on the true-story of one of French literature’s most beloved authors
- Wrote the story for a bio-pic on India’s most brilliant and controversial legal mind for RSVP Films (Ronnie Screwvala) and Renegade (Kunal Kemmu and Soha Ali Khan).
- Sheetal produced the award-winning feature film When Harry Tries To Marry, shot in New York and India. The film became a festival darling winning several awards. The film was released in North America by Warner Bros on VOD and licensed internationally.
Sheetal is a member of Film Writers Association (FWA) Mumbai, India. She has been internationally recognized for her work and has been a guest speaker at various industry events, and colleges including Ithaca College, Pace University and Stonybrook University.
Sheetal Vyas attended S.N.D.T University Pune, India, where she pursued a post-graduate diploma in Mass Communication. Sheetal began her career at Prithvi Theatre under the direction of theatre personality Sanjana Kapoor. She worked on a documentary on the life of Raja Ravi Varma, which went on to win the National Award for Best Documentary.
Prior to her filmmaking career, Sheetal was the Assistant Vice President for Cinemaya Media Group, one of the largest South Asian media, entertainment and marketing conglomerates in the U.S. It is where she began a 20 year work collaboration with Nayan Padrai.
Sheetal is represented by Lee Keele at Gersh and Caleb Franklin’s team at Matter (India).
She splits her time between New York, Los Angeles and Mumbai.
Adventures of a First Time Producer
In the News
The Hollywood Reporter
Billion Dollar Raja selected as WGA Feature Access Project Honoree
The Hollywood Reporter
108 Production Plans Film About Hedge Fund Manager Convicted of Fraud
Screenwriter’s World Conference